The Luxembourg Wood Cluster is one of the most recent clusters managed by Luxinnovation. It was set up in 2016 as a platform for exchange between all players in the wood sector, spanning from wood production to the end consumers of wood products.
As a meeting point for innovative, public and private organisations in the region – companies as well as research centres – the Wood Cluster brings together know-how and facilitates the sharing of experience in Luxembourg and the Greater Region.
Building of the proximity of its involved organisations, the cluster energises the sector and fosters the establishment of partnerships and joint projects.
- Optimise the market release and the use of wood resources;
- Create and enhance regional wood product chains;
- Support and diversify the wood processing sector;
- Promote the use of wood in construction;
- Stimulate product and process innovation.
- General promotion of the wood sector;
- Organisation of networking events for members such as “Meet a member”;
- Organisation of conferences and thematic visits;
- Management of technical working groups around the themes of wood production, processing and use;
- Search and analysis of innovative projects;
- Identification and management of strategic flagship projects;
- Technology watch at national and international level;
- Support to wood sector SMEs and start-up.