As the national agency for the promotion of innovation, Luxinnovation is at the heart of the decisions and processes put in place to fight against the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic:
- Support to the Ministry of the Economy for the processing of the huge amount of grant applications from companies experiencing financial difficulties due to Covid;
- Implementation of an action plan for start-ups, in the context of this crisis, with :
- Launch of the internet platform EPI-COVID19.lu to match supply and demand for personal protective equipment (PPE) produced and supplied by Luxembourg companies.
- Participation in the COVID-19 task force of Research Luxembourg and lead of the working group in charge of the interaction between public research institutions and the private sector.
- Launch of the Fit 4 Resilience programme, in partnership with the Ministry of the Economy, for helping companies to manage their way out of the crisis, as well as to develop a longer-term development strategy.
Luxinnovation is also working closely with the Ministry of Economy to prepare an action plan for the recovery of SMEs once the crisis will be over.