From medical advances to cleaner energy and high-level engineering, research projects funded by the European Union play a key role in improving our daily lives.
To acknowledge the thousands of talented people who have delivered cutting-edge innovations that make Europe a competitive global leader, Antonio Tajani, President of the European Parliament, and Carlos Moedas, Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation, are jointly organising a high-level conference on EU Research and Innovation in our daily life on 27 November 2018 in Brussels.
The conference will also be an opportunity for policy-makers to exchange and put forward new ideas on EU research and innovation with stakeholders, citizens as well with representatives from EU institutions, member states, universities and research centres.
- 12:30 – 14:00 Registration of participants
- 14:00 – 15:15 Opening (plenary chamber)
- 15:15 – 16:30 Panel 1: Health and wellbeing (plenary chamber)
- 15:15 – 16:30 Panel 2: A sustainable environment (Paul-Henri Spaak building 3C050)
- 16:45 – 18:00 Panel 3: Innovation: let’s put research results on the market
- 16:45 – 18:00 Panel 4: Safe and secure society for all (Paul-Henri Spaak building 3C050)
- 18:15 – 18:45 Concluding remarks (plenary chamber)
Find out more and register before 13 November.