Using plastics in a sustainable way is a major challenge for many industrial companies. The Luxembourg EcoInnovation and Materials & Manufacturing Clusters invite you to a conference focusing on innovative plastics recycling.
Representatives of industry, research and governmental bodies will speak about a range of topics covering the plastics value chain, including eco-design, recycling, alternative plastics and legislation. The conference, which is supported by the GREATER GREEN project, targets plastics processing and recycling industry from the Greater Region.
9.30 – 10.00 | Registration
10.00 – 10.05 | Welcome | Luxinnovation | Sasha Baillie, Luxinnovation
10.05 – 10.35 | EU policy framework | Bettina Lorz, European Commission – DG Environment
10.35 – 10.45 | National waste and resource management: packaging | Paul Rasqué, Ministère du Développement durable et des Infrastructures
10.45 – 11.45 | Plastics raws and Eco design: industrial and academic approach
- Bioplastic : Hype or hope ? | Jean-Marie Raquez, Mons University
- iD Revolution, the first C2C gold luxury modular flooring solution | Frédéric Pailler, Tarkett
- PEF, a recyclable bio-based alternative for the future | Thijs Meijssen, Synvina
- Denis Rousseau | Jindal Films
- Dr. Jens Schuster | Hochschule Kaiserslautern, Institut für Kunstofftechnik Westpfalz
11.45 – 12.15 | Panel discussion: what are the challenges for a green economy?
12.15 – 13.15 | Lunch & Coffee
13.15 – 15.00 | Waste collection and recycling technologies
- SuperDrecksKescht – our views on plastic | Frank Fellens, SuperDrecksKescht
- Chemical recycling of polymers using catalytic pyrolysis | Sophie Duquesne, Lille University (UMET)
- Enhancing the Sustainability of Epoxy Resins and their Fiber Composites | Daniel Schmit, Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST)
- PET recycling | Dominique Lestrade, LPR – Lorraine Plast Recycling
- Richard Baudouin | Rehau
15.00 – 15.30 | Panel discussion: How to make plastic circular and address the growing needs for recycled materials?
15.30 – 15.40 | Conclusion | Luxinnovation
15.40 – 17.00 | Networking