What is EUREKA?
EUREKA is the largest global network of R&D&I funding involving ministries and innovation agencies from over 45 countries and the European Commission. The network members coordinate their public funding to support their businesses to prosper and thrive through collaborative transnational research and innovation projects.
Participation is extended to Luxembourg companies who can form a consortium with at least one other (for profit) independent company from another of the participating countries and who match the eligibility criteria outlined below. Eligible companies need to submit applied research and innovation project proposals in the field of digital health tools and smart devices to promote healthy ageing.
These can include (but are not limited to):
- connecting robotics and medical imaging systems to simplify surgical procedures
- software as a medical device (or diagnostic) incorporating artificial intelligence
- software for better diagnostics or therapy
- digital health and smart drug delivery services
- linking big data capabilities with new knowledge from precision medicine to create precision health offerings that promotes preventive interventions before symptoms of disease manifest.
All partners must complete the Eureka project application form online by 5 August 2020 by 17.00 Central European Summer Time (CEST).
Participating Funding Agencies and Countries
FFG (Austria), VLAIO and SPW (Belgium Flanders and Wallonia), National Research Council (Canada), Bpifrance (France), Ministry of the Economy (Luxembourg), Malta Enterprise (Malta), CDTI (Spain), TÜBİTAK (Turkey), Innovate UK (UK).
- The consortium should include at least two (for profit) independent companies from two of the participating countries. The participation of research institutes/universities is welcome according to each country’s funding regulations.
- The project partners must express their willingness to cooperate, on a win-win/fair basis in the development of a new product, industrial process or service.
- The product, process or service must be innovative and there must be a technological risk involved.
- The project must have a civilian purpose.
- The project should benefit all involved partners in a well-balanced consortium.
- The project should have an obvious advantage and added value resulting from the technologic cooperation between the participants (e.g. increased knowledge base, commercial leads, access to R&D infrastructure, etc.).
- A signed consortium agreement is mandatory before the actual start of the project. The consortium agreement should at least include the ownership and use of know-how and IPR settlements.
- The duration of the project may not exceed 36 months.
The aim of this virtual Marketplace is to discuss project opportunities and facilitate introductions between organisations from the nine countries from the EUREKA Network participating in this call. It is an open 1:1 networking platform.
- Initiate contacts with potential new international collaboration partners and widen your network
- Concept revolves around finding matches between a technology seeker and a technology provider
- Meetings among participants can be scheduled as a video call at any time until 5th August 2020
More information on the call and project submission here.
How can we help?
If you have a concrete project idea or have identified a project partner, please get in touch with us four weeks before the deadline. Please contact email@example.com for more information and assistance with your application. We would love to help you get started.