Following the success of the Raw Materials Week 2017, the 3rd edition of the EU “Raw Materials Week” will take place from Monday 12 to Friday 16 November 2018 in Brussels. It builds up on a series of events organised by the European Commission addressing the latest news on raw materials in the EU. It will be a unique opportunity for the raw materials community to discuss and exchange on all relevant issues: policy, technology, international cooperation, framework conditions, knowledge base etc.
The 6th High Level Conference of the European Innovation Partnership on Raw Materials is the main event of the week taking place on 14 November 2018. The main topic of the conference is “Raw materials for low carbon and circular economy”, covering relevant issues including battery value chain, cascading of woody biomass, secondary raw materials for energy-intensive industries.
Monday 12 November
- Critical Raw Materials in our everyday life
- Copernicus for Raw Materials
Tuesday 13 November
- EIT RawMaterials – Developing raw materials into a major strength for Europe
- Responsible supply of raw materials
- H2020 Raw Materials Info Day and Brokerage Event
Wednesday 14 November
- 6th Annual High-Level Conference of the European Innovation Partnership (EIP) on raw materials –
- “Raw materials for low carbon and circular economy” and “A decade of the Raw Materials Initiative”
Thursday 15 November
- Drivers and Solutions for Integrating Information in the EU Raw Materials Knowledge Base – Serving Policy Makers and the Knowledge Triangle
- Reconciling biodiversity objectives with extractive activities – good practices on mine and quarry planning, operation and restoration
- Forest-Based Industries 2050
- EU-Canada Raw Materials Stakeholders Forum – by invitation only
Friday 16 November
- Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement Raw Materials Dialogue – by invitation only
- UN Framework Classification for Sustainable Resources Management in Europe
More details on the programme here.