Luxinnovation, the national agency for the promotion of innovation and research, contributes to Luxembourg’s economic development by stimulating innovation, fuelling international growth and attracting foreign investors to the territory. Established as an Economic Interest Group (GIE), Luxinnovation is an initiative led by the Ministry of the Economy, the Ministry of Higher Education and Research, the Chamber of Commerce, the Chamber of Trades and the FEDIL – The Voice of Luxembourg’s Industry.
Within the Agency, the Company Relations and Support Department supports companies across different sectors on their innovation path and fosters collaborative projects between companies and research. To strengthen our team, we are looking for a:
Cluster Manager Wood (m/f)
Full-time, ref: CMW
- Support to companies from the wood sector in their innovation activities to help them become more resilient, more sustainable and increase their digital maturity.
- Identify, qualify and develop shared innovative ideas toward potential multi-party flagship projects.
- Contribute to the economic development of the wood sector
In order to fulfil these missions, the Cluster Manager will
- Manage the relationships with companies of all size and assure an effective customer-centric account management
- Understand the company needs and relay to appropriate support services
- Connect companies to potential partners to generate collaboration synergies
- Initiate and organize workshops, events & conferences and coordinate thematic working groups
- Keep abreast about new technologies and trends
- Create and maintain collaboration networks with Greater Region Clusters
- Define and implement appropriate action plans, and report on their performance
- Maintain close collaboration relationships with main stakeholders (Ministries, federations, associations, opinion leaders, advisory groups, etc.)
You hold a Master Degree in Engineering or equivalent with proven experience of minimum 10-15 years in connection with the wood sector. Furthermore, you are flexible and you are able to work in multidiscipline/cross-functional teams and demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical thinking with ability to listen, analyse and synthesize
- Proven experience in account management with companies
- Excellent knowledge of the wood construction, industry and skilled crafts eco-system and particular characteristics of the Luxembourg economy and its stakeholders
- Successful networker and team player with excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and a project driven mindset
- Excellent organizational skills, autonomous, motivated and committed to achieving results
- Perfect command of German and French
The place of work is Belval, Luxembourg. We offer a challenging job with diversified tasks in a professional and dynamic organization. If this position is the challenge you are looking for, please send your application including a motivation letter online.