Luxinnovation, the national agency for the promotion of innovation and research, contributes to Luxembourg’s economic development by stimulating innovation, fuelling international growth and attracting foreign investors to the territory. Established as an Economic Interest Group (GIE), Luxinnovation is an initiative led by the Ministry of the Economy, the Ministry of Higher Education and Research, the Chamber of Commerce, the Chamber of Trades and the FEDIL – The Voice of Luxembourg’s Industry.
Among its activities, Luxinnovation manages a lot of data. The Data Analytics Team is looking for a:
Data & Analytics Engineer (m/f)
CDI, full–time, ref.: DAEng
- Design and put in place Luxinnovation’s “data office / factory”
- Back: Develop, maintain and enhance data pipelines using variety of data infrastructure (transform internal data, website and platforms, external databases, etc). Make data available for Luxinnovation’s internal usage
- Front: Design and put in place dashboards with the DA Team for our internal clients (full end-to-end solution).
- Work closely with the IT team to integrate databases into the data factory
- Follow data metrics with the data quality officer
- Work on data projects with the Head of Data Analytics and with the internal digital project management team. In this mission the Data and Analytics engineer will have to keep a strong focus on standardized data pipelines
- Advise the department on optimization, performance tune when required
- Scale current BI analytics in real-time analytics
Holder of a Master Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent, you have 4 to 6 years of hands-on experience in a similar role. In addition, your skillset includes the following:
- Extensive experience working with data tools and building data solutions for advanced analytics
- Strong experience in data modelling and data management together with experience of working with:
- ETL (Talend, Data Factory, IBM, etc.)
- BI tools (ideally Microsoft Power BI)
- Demonstratable experience in designing and implementing end-to-end real-time analytics solutions
- Experience in the creation of data governance standards; defining data retention policies, monitoring quality and performance.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and robust code in Python, R, SQL/NoSQL or similar languages is an asset
- Knowledge in API
- Dynamism, curiosity an orientation to results
- Ability to build good relationships at all levels
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ready to teach mindset
- Proficiency in English & French (mandatory); Luxembourgish and German are key assets
The place of work is Belval, Luxembourg. We offer a challenging job with diversified tasks in a professional and dynamic organization. If this position is the challenge you are looking for, please send your application including a motivation letter.