Luxinnovation contributes to the economic development of Luxembourg by fostering innovation, fueling international growth and attracting foreign direct investment. Luxinnovation has been entrusted with the role of National Point of Contact with regards to Industry support for EU Research and Innovation funding programmes. In this context Luxinnovation is recruiting a
Funding Advisor for EU and NATO Defence programmes
(m/f), full time 2 years’ contract (fix term or consultancy), ref. Defence contract
- Inform and advise companies, researchers and private or public RDI organizations in Luxembourg with regards to the access to European and NATO defence research and development funding programmes
- Support the participation of Luxembourg companies and research organisations in European programmes for Defence research and development (R&D),
- Advise and train active or potential customers individually and in groups
- Represent and defend the interests of Luxembourg stakeholders at the European Commission, especially DG Industry and Space, and the European Defence Agency in specific events to improve programme dissemination and participation
- Act as central governmental expert (CGE) to the European Defence Agency’s Capability Technology groups (CapTechs)
- Monitor opportunities for Luxembourg entities through PESCO and EDIDP and others.
- Act as point of contact for NATO activities linked to industry and research
- Identify new trends and customer needs and proactively develop new projects or services within the European Funding team.
- Regularly liaise with the relevant institutional stakeholders at national and international level
You have a master’s degree in engineering or business or equivalent and show and in depth knowledge of both European and NATO Defence Research and Science Funding Programmes and Defence policies with at least 3 years of relevant professional experience in related fields, preferably having worked at EDA or NATO. Industry experience and a sound knowledge of the research landscape in Luxembourg is a plus. Furthermore, you have excellent project management skills (including planning, implementation, financial management and reporting) and demonstrate, at least, the following skills:
- Team player, networker and relationship builder with excellent communication skills (oral & written) at ease in a multicultural environment, and able to adapt to the clients’ needs.
- Well organized, results driven with a conscientious work ethic, especially during periods of increased workload
- Fluency in English and French (spoken and written) is mandatory. The knowledge of German and Luxembourgish is an asset
The place of work is Belval, Luxembourg. You will join our European RDI Support Team. The position will include European travel. We offer a challenging job with diversified responsibilities in a professional and dynamic organization. If this position is the challenge you are looking for, please send your application including a motivation letter and CV using the “Apply” button below.