The European Commission launched Thursday, April 4 16 calls for proposals for the European Defence Industrial Development Programme (EDIDP) under the EU budget for 2019-2020. The calls for defence research are worth €250 million and are part of a larger defence industry programme worth €500 million. The European Commission’s larger ambition is to launch a €13 billion defence programme in 2021.
Applications are open from April 9 to August 29, 2019, at 5 pm (CEST). Conditions for application are available here.
Should you have any questions regarding the calls, you are welcome to contact Benjamin Questier, Strategic Advisor & Head of European R&D and Innovation Support.
List of open calls
- Airborne electronic attack capability EDIDP-ACC-AEAC-2019
- Combat jet training platforms EDIDP-ACC-CJTP-2019
- Modular and adaptive tactical network to control, change and manage network behaviour, including cyber security EDIDP-CSAMN-SDN-2019
- Software suite enabling real–time cyber defence situational awareness for military decision-making EDIDP-CSAMN-SSC-2019
- Software suite solution, enabling real-time cyber threat hunting and live incident response, based on shared cyber threat intelligence EDIDP-CSAMN-SSS-2019
- Capabilities and equipment needed for establishing C2 system from strategic to tactical level, complementing existing European External Action Services systems EDIDP-ESC2S-2019
- Naval platform technologies for defence purposes, including those able to operate in extreme climates and geographical environments EDIDP-FNPRT-2019
- European Detect and Avoid (DAA) function based on new sensors and processing for RPAS integration into air-traffic management EDIDP-ISR-DAA-2019
- European High Altitude Platform Station (Euro-HAPS) solution for Union defence (surveillance of maritime zones, land borders or critical assets) EDIDP-ISR-EHAPS-2019
- Persistent earth observation from space with automated interpretation of data and information, including artificial intelligence, cloud solutions and real time on-board processing by sensors EDIDP-ISR-PEO-2019
- Multipurpose unmanned ground system EDIDP-MUGS-2019
- European Beyond Line Of Sight (BLOS) anti-tank capabilities EDIDP-NGPSC-2019
- Development of European standardized and sovereign Galileo PRS navigation receiver capabilities compatible with GPS/PRS solution for military purposes EDIDP-PNTSCC-PNT-2019
- Development of a European protected waveform to secure military satellite communications in peacetime, missions and operations EDIDP-PNTSCC-SCC-2019
- Innovative defence products, solutions, materials and technologies EDIDP-SME-2019
- Development of a low-observable tactical RPAS with the capability to provide near real time information and with modern self-protection EDIDP-ISR-TRPAS-2019