The KDT JU – successor of the Electronic Components and Systems for European Leadership Joint Undertaking (ECSEL JU) – is a Public-Private Partnership that focuses on enhancing research, development and innovation by funding key enabling technologies deemed vital for European leadership in the era of the digital economy.
The specific objectives of this JU are:
- support research and development for establishing design and production capabilities in Europe for strategic application areas;
- launch a balanced portfolio of large and small projects supporting the fast transfer of technologies from the research to the industrial environment;
- foster a dynamic Union-wide ecosystem based on digital value-chains with simplified access to newcomers;
- support research and development for enhancing component technologies that guarantee security, trust and energy-efficiency for critical infrastructures and sectors in Europe;
- foster mobilisation of national resources and ensure coordination of Union and national research and innovation programmes in the field of electronic components and systems;
- establish coherence between the Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda of the Key Digital Technologies Joint Undertaking and Union policies so that electronics components and systems technologies contribute efficiently.
All the details about all the 5 call topics can be found in the links below:
- KDT-JU-2021-3-CSA – A Pan-European chip infrastructure for design innovation;
- HORIZON-KDT-JU-1-IA-Focus-Topic-1-Development of open sources RISC-V building blocks;
- HORIZON-KDT-JU-2021-2-RIA-Focus Topic 1-Processing solutions for AI at the edge addressing the design stack and middleware.