Esch-sur-Alzette, Tuesday, April 24, 2018 – The Management Board of Luxinnovation has appointed Ms. Sasha Baillie, Diplomatic Advisor at the Ministry of the Economy, as the new CEO of the agency as of May 1, 2018. She succeeds Mr. Jean-Paul Schuler, who left his position on April 1, 2018.
Before joining the Ministry of the Economy in 2014 as Deputy Chief of Staff and Diplomatic Advisor, Sasha Baillie was Director for International Economic Relations and European Affairs at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. During her career of more than 20 years in economic diplomacy, she has held several positions abroad. Within the Ministry of the Economy, Sasha Baillie led, among other things, the reform of the economic promotion and prospection for Luxembourg. She chairs the Steering Council for Foreign Trade and Investment, which is in charge of developing and implementing the country’s economic development strategy.
With her experience in managing projects with a strong technological component, Sasha Baillie also led the GovSat project, a joint venture between the Luxembourg State and SES established in 2015 to acquire, launch and operate a satellite for the purpose of military and government communication. Since February 2015 she has been Chairman of the Board of LuxGovSat S.A. In her new role as CEO of Luxinnovation, Ms. Baillie will remain a member of the Coordination Committee of the Ministry of the Economy and will also continue to chair the Inspiring Luxembourg Coordination Committee, which is in charge of promoting the brand image of Luxembourg. The board of managers of Luxinnovation, chaired by Mario Grotz, Government Counselor at the Ministry of the Economy, has also appointed a new manager representing private interests. This is Mr. Philippe Osch, CTO of Hitec Luxembourg.
On April 24, 2018, the board of managers of Luxinnovation is composed as follows:
- Mario GROTZ, 1st Government Counselor, Ministry of Economy – President
- Sasha BAILLIE, 1st Government Counselor, Ministry of the Economy – CEO
- Luc HENZIG, Member of the Management Committee, Chamber of Commerce – Vice President
- Gilles REDING, Director Environmental, Technological and Innovation Affairs, Chamber of Skilled Crafts – Vice President
- Gaston SCHMIT, 1st Government Counselor, Ministry of Higher Education and Research – Vice President
- Marco WALENTINY, Senior Management Advisor, Ministry of Economy – Vice President
- Philippe OSCH, CTO, Hitec Luxembourg – Member
- Georges SANTER, Counselor, Fedil-The Voice of Luxembourg’s Industry – Member