search

Diligence 1875It is in Canach, a small village in the canton of Remich, 16 kilometers east of the capital, that the history of the company Voyages Émile Weber has been forged, since 1875 and the first tours of wheels of the stagecoach of Nikolas Weber, farmer and grower of fruit trees of his state.

Twice a week, as the railway line did not pass through Canach, he offered to the interested villagers to take them to Oetrange, but also further east, along the Moselle, to Remich and Wormeldange. His son, Émile Weber, succeeded him at the head of the stagecoach and post station in the center of Canach, before this point of convergence, which became the “Hotel de la Poste E. Weber”, passed into the hands of another Émile, grandson of Nikola.

The need for citizen mobility grew over the years and the revival of the country’s economy, undermined during the Second World War, gave a great development opportunity for what officially becomes Voyages Émile Weber in 1946. This is the year of the acquisition of the first motorised vehicle: a truck which was ingeniously arranged so that it can transport people.

First travel agencies

AgenceAt the same time that the country has prospered for three decades, the company developed itself in parallel of the new branches of the road network which created new public transport lines. With each new line there was a new bus and a new driver hired, alongside Émile Weber, who also drove, just like his son Fernand, who joined the company in 1961,also just like Erny Heinisch, who married Colette Weber, daughter of Émile and sister of Fernand.

In the early 70s, the company had about 30 people and the family fiber was very strong around Fernand and Erny and their wives Charlotte and Colette. It is the latter who imagined a first innovative development with the creation of tourism activity. This was concretised with the publication of the first brochure dedicated to the tourism.

Logically, it is under the label of Émile Weber that one of the first travel agencies opened in the country, exclusively dedicated to this activity and established in the heart of the capital.

At the end of the 1970s, when the company had about fifty employees – the majority of whom were drivers – the first person outside the family was hired to take up a position in the management of the company: Carlo Beaumet, in charge of Human Resources and Finance. He finally remained four decades within Voyages Émile Weber.

Innovations

Site ViewThe company developed itself continuously and regularly offered innovations in its market: the first bus trailer in 1954; the first articulated bus, in 1970; the first bus adapted for people with reduced mobility in 1979 or the first double-decker bus in 1986.

On the tourism aspect, the offer covered more and more varied desires, with more and more diversified services, in local travel agencies that the company installs throughout the country and in the Greater Region, while broadening its spectrum to business travel.

Representatives of the fifth generation joined the family business gradually, each in different departments according to his interests and specialisations. New branches opened up, new lines were created and the growth, hitherto organic, also became external, with the acquisition in 2002 of the first competing transport company, the Autocars Pletschette, allowing Émile Weber to reinforce its presence. in the south of the country. The acquisitions of Voyages Simon-Tours in Pétange in 2014 and Voyages Ecker in 2016 followed, bringing to more than 1,000 the number of employees.

In the meantime, the company took up its position in 2009 in the ultra-modern Reckschléed site, on the outskirts of Canach, to centralise the mechanics, the bodywork, the bus sheds and the administrative building, all in an low energy environment. As a strong symbol of the permanent desire to innovate while maintaining a strong family and human tradition, driven by environmental values.

This were confirmed by the acquisition of new generation vehicles, hybrid and electric. Thus, line 305 of the RGTR network, inaugurated in February 2018, is the first fully electric line in the Grand Duchy.

Read more

Creating business links between Morocco and Luxembourg

26-10-2020

The most recent member of the Luxembourg Trade & Investment Office (LTIO) network in Casablanca officially opened its doors on 6 October 2020. We spoke to Director Atman Haloui and Head of Development Kenza Jouahri about their priorities and the support offered to Luxembourg and Moroccan companies.
Read more

Promotion of exports: financial support for companies

19-06-2020

ODL – Luxembourg Export Credit Agency, is a public institution that offers a range of services to help Luxembourg exporters in their international activities. Discover it!
Read more

Practical advice to prepare for the end of confinement

21-04-2020

In this difficult time, the entire International Affairs team of the Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce is here to help you with your internationalisation projects.
Read more

www.epi-covid19.lu: An internet platform connecting individual protective equipment supply and demand

18-04-2020

In order to connect the supply of and demand for personal protective equipment produced and supplied by Luxembourg companies, the national innovation agency, Luxinnovation, has launched the platform www.EPI-COVID19.lu. The website has been co-developed with the wedo.lu team of the Fédération des Artisans.
Read more

All news

Close