The European Defence Industrial Development Programme (EDIDP) amounts for € 500 million for 2019-2020. In 2019 nine calls for proposals were launched and the Commission received 40 proposals. For the first time ever, Union budget will be used to co-fund collaborative development of defence technologies and products. During summer 2020, the selected projects from 2019 calls will be awarded. The recently published 2020 calls will be open from 15 April 2020 to 1 December 2020. They cover 12 categories outlined below. The detailed call text is available here.
Should you have any questions regarding the calls, you are welcome to contact Benjamin Questier, Strategic Advisor & Head of European R&D and Innovation Support.
List of open calls
- Call EDIDP-CBRN-2020 – Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear (CBRN) detection capabilities and medical countermeasures
- Call EDIDP-UCCRS-2020 – Underwater control contributing to resilience at sea
- Topic EDIDP-UCCRS-MCM-2020 – Solutions to detect, identify, counter and protect against mine threats (including those operating at very high depths).
- Topic EDIDP-UCCRS-MUAS-2020 – Solutions to detect, identify, counter and protect against mobile manned, unmanned or autonomous underwater systems (including those operating at very high depths).
- Topic EDIDP-UCCRS-EDD-2020 – Enhanced defence diving solutions to detect, identify, counter and protect against sub-surface threats.
- Call EDIDP-CUAS-2020 – Counter Unmanned Air Systems (UASs) capabilities
- Call EDIDP-CSAMN-2020 – Cyber situational awareness and defence capabilities, defence networks and technologies for secure communication and information sharing
- Call EDIDP-SSAEW-2020 – Space Situational Awareness (SSA) and early warning capabilities
- Topic EDIDP-SSAEW-SC2-2020 – Advanced Space Command and Control (SC2) capability to process and exploit SSA data generated from sensors and catalogues to provide a complete space picture
- Topic EDIDP-SSAEW-SSAS-2020 – Enhanced SSA sensors for accurate identification and characterization of existing Geostationary Earth Orbit (GEO) and Low Earth Orbit (LEO) public and private assets
- Topic EDIDP-SSAEW-EW-2020 – Early warning against ballistic missile threats through initial detection and tracking of ballistic missiles before handing over to ground based radars
- Call EDIDP-MSC-2020 – Maritime surveillance capabilities
- Topic EDIDP-MSC-IS-2020 – Integrated solution to enhance the maritime situational awareness
- Topic EDIDP-MSC-MFC-2020 – Multifunctional capabilities, including space based surveillance and tracking, able to enhance the maritime awareness (discover, locate, identify, classify and counteract the threats) with particular focus on maritime littoral and high sea areas and harbour protection and related critical infrastructure
- Topic EDIDP-MSC-CRPS-2020 – Coastal radars and passive sensors with associated relevant networks
- Topic EDIDP-MSC-NS-2020 – Maritime surveillance generated by networks of sensors based on fixed and/or semi-fixed unmanned platforms
- Call EDIDP-SVTE-2020 – Simulation and virtualisation tools and equipment for training, exercises, systems design, development and integration, testing and validation
- Call EDIDP-AI-2020 – Defence technologies supported by artificial intelligence
- Call EDIDP-SME-2020 – Innovative and future-oriented defence solutions
Luxinnovation is the National Contact Point for Horizon 2020, the European framework programme for research and innovation. Building on our decade-long experience of EU funding programmes, we are able to respond to questions on where to get up-to-date information on programmes and calls for project proposals, what programmes are the most suitable for you or where and how to find European partners.